BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT/C TECHNICAL ADVICE
The Bentley Continental GT & Continental Flying Spur are highly technical cars and in our opinion one of the greatest cars ever made. They tend to have a bad reputaion for reliability and expensive repairs. However, they can give extremely reliable service if you take some sensible precautions.
1. Always ensure the main system battery (left hand side of luggage compartment) is in a very good state of charge. The Bentley GT and Flying Spur are extremely greedy when it comes to battery power consumption. It is advised to use a battery charge / conditioner whenever possible to prevent electrical malfunction unless the vehicle is driven regularly over reasonable distances.
2. Check Oil level at regular intervals Bentleys can be prone to using several litres of oil between services.
3. Ensure "ALL" body drains are kept clear of debris, particularly the fuel door drain, rear aero-foil drains and the Plenum in front of the windscreen. The plenum drains have a tendency to get chocked with leaf matter and in heavy rain the plenum may collect water which can be detrimental to the electrical systems close by. This is particularly relivent for vehicles parked near trees.
4. Only dedicated "Bentley Supplied" or Bentley specific diagnostic computers will correctly and accurately read fault codes. Other generalist devices are likely to give spurious or miss-leading information & reports.
5. Change the Oil and Filter as recommended, Bentley engines are sealed units and are very reliable if looked after.
Please feel free to call us on 01932 240 471 if you have any questions about your Bentley.
Mon - Fri 7.30am-6.00pm
Out of hours appointments available by prior arrangement.
Tel: 01932 240 471
Bentley Bodyshop & Service Centre@ Sandown Coachworks
Unit E, Rodd Estate,
Off Govett Avenue,
If your Bentley requires bodywork or alloy wheel repairs please either come in for a no obligation estimate within 10 minutes (no appointment required) or email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and a desciption of work required and we will come straight back to you with an estimate.
Free collection and delivery available within Central London, M25 and Southern Home Counties.